The SAIC Defense Systems Group (DSG) currently has a contingency full-time position for an Offensive Cyber Operations Planner to support the Marine Corps Forces Cyberspace Operations Command (MARFORCYBER), Fort Meade, Maryland.
The incumbent will provide subject matter expertise in Senior Security Engineering planning expertise for the development of the customers policies, processes, procedures, and governing directives as well as technical execution.
Daily activities include:
- Monitor, analyze, trouble shoot diagnose issues. Capture, analyze and baseline network and application traffic for trouble shooting and future capacity planning.
- Provide network and application modeling support and reporting to ensure the new application function properly in the environment.
- Collect. Analyze, and organize data required to assist in the development and production of customized reports and provide real time information to the systems users. Evaluate, assess, and provide network optimization recommendations and enhancements.
- Evaluation, assessment, recommendation, design, and development of technical solutions that will integrate with and modernize the network to reduce network outages and improve system availability to the end users. Solutions must be scalable, interoperable, flexible, and maintainable to meet changes in technology and user requirements.
- Track, research, identify, evaluate, recommend, test and implement industry technology trends and emerging technologies that improve applications and network efficiencies.
- Develop procedure and documentation on the usage, troubleshooting, and maintenance analysis tools and or software.
- Performance testing and tuning configurations on analysis tools and or software to support analysis of log data and network traffic per sensor.
- Analysis tools/and or software integration into solution,
- Analysis tool and or software security hardening configurations (e.g. utilizing NIST, DISA, STIGS).
- Technical documentation support for analysis tool and or software accreditation.
- Data collection analysis and reporting.
- Research/identify/implement commercial or open source technology or create/maintain in house tools to accomplish the task.
- Write and maintain technical documentation of all tools built or customized in house.
- Use version control and or source control for all generated source code.
- Conduct a network trend analysis to compile daily and or longer term reports for various network traffic areas of interest.
- Determiner the bandwidth utilization using network and configuration information against predetermined network availability thresholds. Utilize an issue tracking tool to manage and store issue reports.
- Identify new technologies that support operations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Fourteen (14) years of experience with a technically focused Bachelor's Degree or a Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- IAT III Certification (CASP, CCNP Sec., CISA, CISSP, GCED, or GCIH)
- Senior Security Engineer preferred experience with SIEMs to include SPLUNK and ELK, log analysis, incident response, Dev OPs and Agile development to include JIRA and Confluence
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability