Technology Innovation Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 200326
Location: MACDILL AFB, FL, United States
Date Posted: Mar 9, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Work within a team of engineers responsible for supporting CENTCOM Communications Directorate/J6 technology innovation branch charged with IT modernization planning and strategy, researching emerging technologies, and providing the customer with analysis and recommendations to meet new requirements and solve problems.
Work with Enterprise Architects, Engineers, and Government Leaders to achieve the USCENTCOM strategic vision of a Cloud Ready and Data Centric enterprise.
Understand and provide recommendations on application containerization, application rationalization, and DevOps. Ability to evaluate and determine what applications are best suited for on or off premise cloud environments.
Engages with DOD and industry to analyze enterprise, operational, and accredited technologies beneficial in meeting near term requirements and the long-term, strategic vision.
Evaluates, develops, and oversees required documentation and correspondence for all engineering matters.
Responsible for providing support to ensure technology insertion fit for purpose, compliance, and interoperability within the HQ and AOR enterprise to include modernization within the cyber, network and systems infrastructure, and multi-national partner network program support domains.
Leverages strong customer relationship skills and IT enterprise understanding to lead CENTCOM J6 IT Roadmap development to ensure well-planned and resourced network modernization IAW strategic priorities.
Ensures technology pursuits and requirements align within established network operations framework and strategic priorities.
Works as part of a team, in a highly matrixed organization to coordinate, gather, and develop information to present written and oral business case analysis, white papers, and recommendations to senior decision makers within the J6 organization.
- Candidate is required to have a current US Secret Clearance. Top Secret and eligible for SCI is desired.
- Associate's Degree in related field and 10+ years related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in network engineering, software defined networking, data storage and compute, systems development, virtualization, and/or systems deployment at the Tier 3 level.
- IAT Level 2 certification (Security +) required prior to starting.
- Strong experience in cloud engineering and solutions.
- Basic understanding of government/DoD procurement process and familiar with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Advanced Microsoft Word and PowerPoint user capabilities to develop reports and presentations.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including the ability to develop analytical documents and create/present oral briefs to senior management
- Ability to work independently with little direction and guidance and as a member of a team.
- Understand DOD language/terminology.
- Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services Cloud certification
- ITIL V3 Certification
- DevOps Certification
- Military support experience (joint task force headquarters and/or higher)
- Master’s Degree in IT related field.
- Some travel may be required. Candidate must hold a valid U.S. passport and be willing to travel overseas in support of USCENTCOM mission requirements.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability