Job ID: 200305
Location: GREENBELT, MD, United States
Date Posted: Mar 2, 2020
Category: Quality Assurance
Subcategory: Qual Assurance
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC has an immediate opening for a Senior Quality Engineer to support the NASA Safety and Mission Assurance – 2 (SMAS-2) contract at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work across exciting NASA missions to conduct internal quality management system assessments; support client's 2nd and 3rd party assessments; provide analysis of findings, and assist in root cause analysis and corrective/preventive action plans; provide training and outreach in support of the client's quality management system.
In addition, the candidate will support the overall administration of the client's electronic quality management system, including user administration and configuration management, in conformance with applicable client requirements for information systems and the management of sensitive information; operate and provide Help Desk services to (1) set-up, assist and train users (2) maintain timely and effective communications with users, and (3) fulfill performance objectives for the Help Desk services; Design, implement and maintain dashboards (data displays, reports) configured within the client's electronic information system in support of client internal and supplier analytics.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
· At least 5 years relevant experience
SAMPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains quality standards and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished product.
· Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
· Conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
· Conducts internal and external audits and performs necessary corrective/preventive actions. Interpersonal relationship building and customer interfacing skills are desired.
· Integration of advanced quality tools, models and process into the Projects to assure effective process measurement, control, reporting and corrective action.
· Assist with technical support in generating appropriate risk posture for Projects.
· Assists with measuring project progress in an objective manner using Quality Earned Value Management.
· Responsible for implementing Corrective and Preventive Action.
· Ensures Quality of design through participation in various design reviews.
· Identifies and communicates value-added process improvements for Projects. Assists with the implementation of internal Foreign Object Debris (FOD) Policies and best practices and the execution of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) reduction.
· Complies with GSFC’s Quality Management System by implementing GPRs, PGs, WIs and resolving problems found during the Assembly/Integration/Acceptance Test and Launch. Assures documented SMA program was implemented and deficiencies and adverse trends are/were identified and corrected.
· Maintains technical proficiency using identified best practices, procedures, training, and education.
· Practices comply with applicable safety and occupational health standards, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
· Review and verify contractors have a Quality Assurance established process that will indicate probability that an item will perform its intended functions for a specified time interval under stated conditions.
· AS9100 (Lead) auditor certification, or verifiable equivalent experience
· ISO 9001: 2008 and/or 205 (Lead) auditor certification, or verifiable experience
· Strong writing, speaking/presentation skills to all levels of the workforce
· Strong interpretive and analysis skills
· Strong skills in Microsoft(tm) Office products
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability