Network Engineer Principal
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 200229
Location: ROCK ISLAND, IL, United States
Date Posted: Jul 21, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is currently seeking a Network Engineer in support of the Army’s telecommunication systems providing theory and principles to design, develop, install, implement, integrate, test, accept, and upgrade systems and networks. The candidate will provide engineering guidance, technical solutions, and manage the integration of Mission Command Information Systems and components across multiple domains.
Responsibilities Include - Telecommunications Systems Engineering performing the following functions for both strategic, operational and tactical based units:
- Design, plan, install, integrate and maintain backbone core-area tactical and strategic telecommunications networks, including portions of the Defense Information Systems Network (DISN) and the Global Information Grid (GIG).
- Plan, direct and supervise the installation, modification, test and acceptance of telecommunications systems and equipment.
- Design, develop and ensure compliance of telecommunications systems and networks.
- Plan, design and manage the integration of diverse types of telecommunications systems into interoperable information networks.
- Gather mission needs statements Initial Capabilities Document (MNSICD), and Operational Requirements Capability Development Documents (ORCDD), and Capability Production Documents (CPD) for telecommunications systems and translate requirements into technical solutions that are standards-based and cost efficient.
- Develop network architecture for adjacent, higher and lower units.
- Perform staff functions requiring telecommunication systems engineering expertise, such as quality assurance and control, information system security, information assurance, spectrum management, configuration management and network control.
Current/Prior experience as a Technical Warrant Officer (255A, 255N) or Signal Officer (25A)
Active DoD Secret Clearance required.
Bachelors of Science Degree (or Equivalent) and at least 9 years of related experience required.
8570.01 IAT Level II current: SSCP, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or Security+ CE.
Extensive experience in ABCS, CPOF Servers and Enterprise Systems Administration.
Knowledge and experience on Microsoft Windows Server (2008 R2, 2012), VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi 5/6), VMware vCenter 5/6, Cisco Unified Call Manager and Linux Command Line.
CompTIA Network +, CCNA/CISSP certifications
CompTIA A+, MCSA 2008R2 or 2012 “preferred”
VMware Certified Associate (VCA6-DCV)
Experience on DoD ACAS & DoD HBSS
Linux Certification (RHCSA, Linux + or LPIC-1)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability