Job ID: 200047
Location: HOUSTON, TX, United States
Date Posted: Jan 6, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Sys Safety Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has a rewarding position supporting the NASA Safety and Mission Assurance Engineering Contract (SMAEC II) open at the Johnson Space Center in Houston helping to continue our exploration of space. Come join our team and help us continue the mission of space exploration.
Work on SMAEC II - Under the supervision of more senior engineers, perform engineering assessments and analyses on the International Space Station, Commercial Vehicles (manned and unmanned) payloads and experiments
that are flown on International (e.g. Progress or Soyuz) or commercial vehicles (SpaceX, CST-100): Identify and quantify risk; Assure compliance with NASA safety requirements; Provide detailed reports and recommendations for mitigation strategies; Prepare and present technical presentations; Participate in Safety Panel Reviews; Review flight documents, operational scenarios, and subsequent changes for safety impact; Participate in associated meetings; Provide real-time and post-flight engineering support for flight anomaly investigations; Work with customers - NASA, Space Station contractors, and International Partners.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in a related discipline and zero (0) years or more experience. Four (4) additional years of related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent oral and above average written communications skills
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with customers, peers, and management;
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office to prepare reports, presentations, and charts
- Basic knowledge and use of personal computer with typical business software (is mandatory i.e., word processing, spreadsheets, presentation graphics) is mandatory.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are mandatory.
- Familiarity with the NASA organization and with the International Space Station (ISS) subsystems and components.
- An understanding of system safety hazards analysis process.
BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited University
- 0-5 years related experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability