Job ID: 200045
Location: HOUSTON, TX, United States
Date Posted: Jan 6, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Sys Safety Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
On SMAEC II:
- Performs system safety analyses of hardware and software in a variety of systems for payloads/experiments.
- Utilizes technical and safety review and documentation analysis techniques to include fault tree analyses, failure modes and hazardous effects analyses, and other techniques as required.
- Duties include: preparing and/or updating safety assessment reports and risk assessment reports. Preparing safety assessment reports, and technical data packages and presentation materials for safety review boards. Conduct or review safety assessments of new, updated, and/or modified hardware and software, waivers, and exemption requests.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience. Four (4) additional years of related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent oral and above average written communications skills; Ability to develop excellent working relationships with customers, peers, and management; Ability to utilize Microsoft Office to prepare reports, presentations, and charts
- Familiarity with the NASA organization and with the International Space Station (ISS) subsystems and components
- Knowledge and use of personal computer with typical business software (is mandatory i.e., word processing, spreadsheets, presentation graphics) is mandatory.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are mandatory.
- Must be able to travel
- NASA system flight safety review process experience.
- Experience with direct participation in conducting and documenting space system safety review
- An understanding of NASA Handbook 51700 and 50021.
- An understanding of system safety hazards analysis process.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability