Job ID: 200040
Location: HOUSTON, TX, United States
Date Posted: Jan 6, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Sys Safety Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
On SMAEC II, Perform engineering assessments and analyses on the payloads and experiments that are flown: 1) Identify and quantify risk; 2) Assure compliance with NASA safety requirements; 3) Provide detailed reports and recommendations for mitigation strategies; 4) Prepare and present technical presentations; 5) Participate in Safety Panel Reviews; 6) Review flight documents, operational scenarios, and subsequent changes for safety impact; 7) Participate in associated meetings; 8) Provide real-time and post-flight engineering support for flight anomaly investigations; and 9) Work with customers – NASA and contractors.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. Four (4) additional years of related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent oral and above average written communications skills
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with customers, peers, and management
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office to prepare reports, presentations, and charts
- Familiarity with the NASA organization and with the vehicle subsystems and components
- Knowledge and use of personal computer with typical business software (is mandatory i.e., word processing, spreadsheets, presentation graphics) is mandatory.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are mandatory NASA system flight safety review process experience.
- Experience with direct participation in conducting and documenting space system safety review.
- An understanding of system safety hazards analysis process.
Familiarity with program risk informed processes.
BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited Engineering University.
10 to 15 years related experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability