SAIC is looking for an Azure Cloud Engineer to join our Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) team in Washington, DC. The Azure Cloud Engineer's primary responsibilities include responsibility for the architecture design/planning, management, support, and oversight of the Azure PaaS/IaaS environment.
· To conceptualize, design and architect the Microsoft Azure Platform as a Service (PaaS)/Infrastructure as a Service (Iaas) environment
· Develop the architecture and design deliverables and provide support as an Azure SME.
· Gather specifications and deliver solutions to the organization based on understanding of Microsoft Azure domain/technology.
· Effectively present public and hybrid cloud-based architectural design concepts and solutions to all levels in the organization.
· Drive decision making, identify alternatives, pros and cons, and make recommendations.
· Anticipate when architectural change will be needed and prepare the organization for a successful transition.
· Build public and hybrid cloud-based, optimized reference applications/infrastructure, show-casing event driven, elastically scalable, fault tolerance and other cloud architecture patterns.
· Drive public and hybrid cloud-based, proof-of-concept prototypes that assess the feasibility of solutions and demonstrate to our customer how technology can be leveraged.
· Identify, analyze and resolve the most complex public and hybrid cloud-based issues. Identify and balance risks and rewards to meet objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
· Three (3) years' experience and proven success in Azure design, support and management within a large-scale organization
· Direct experience in Cloud platform technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Oracle Cloud, etc.
· Proven expert knowledge of virtual application delivery technologies
· Experience building and deploying with Linux, UNIX and Windows technologies
· Experience supporting and documenting build and configuration changes throughout environments
· Understanding of industry standard system architecture and system management concepts and tools
· Experience in the design, deployment, and support of large, complex systems
Clearance: Must be able to attain Public Trust
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability