This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1929323
Location: GREENBELT, MD, United States
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Principal System Administrator
Has working for NASA been a dream since you touched your 1st computer? Now is your chance to join the SAIC team supporting NASA's Goddard NASCOM Network System Administration Team as we build, manage, and support the worldwide NASA Mission Network. The role of Systems Administrator is a hands-on technical position joining a seasoned and diverse team of information technology professionals supporting mostly a Unix/Linux environment with a small handful of Windows systems mixed-in.
· Perform senior-level Linux/Unix system administration including troubleshooting, fault isolation, system tuning, software installation, maintenance.
· Identify and implement system and process-level improvements including providing recommendations to purchase and then implementing hardware and software solutions.
· Provide senior-level mentoring to junior and mid-level system administration staff.
· Developing and implement strategy, design, implementation and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
· Ideal candidate must be able to grasp a wide range of unique skills, and be able to think and respond quickly to real-time problems as they arise.
· Candidate must have strong multi-tasking skills to effectively meet task objectives.
· Participate in an on-call rotation providing off-hours support.
· Linux/Unix operating system administration
· VMWare ESXi hypervisors
· Scripting experience with Perl, Bash, Python, etc.
· TCP/IP and network protocols including DNS, SMTP, SNMP, ICMP, SSH, RADIUS, and LDAP
· Windows operating system administration
· Self-disciplined and self-motivated
· Demonstrated analytical and communication skills.
· Experience supporting Federal systems including FISMA Certification and Accreditation
· Managing software and hardware deployment projects
· Experience with Postfix, HP Opsware, Sybase, Apache, mysql, mrtg, Nagios, HP Network Automation, Juniper WANDL, high-availability server clusters, HP Open View and HP Network Node Manager
QualificationsBachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability