Sr. Software Engineer (Modeling & Simulation)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1929571
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Feb 17, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Modeling/Sim Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Job Summary: We are currently searching for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Huntsville, AL. In this role you will be part of a successful team that develops and supports the world’s most advanced high-fidelity UH-60 Black Hawk trainers and simulators.
- Research, design, develop, implement, test, and evaluate software and systems that interface with tactical military systems.
- Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to produce the required simulated system software.
- Collaborate with software team members, and provide direct interaction with the end customer (such as technical exchanges, presentations, and site-support).
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree and 5 years related experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Experience using an object-oriented language (C# preferred); experience developing application with C#, C++ or Java programming languages
- Knowledge of advanced programming methodology and techniques, including thread synchronization, multi-threading, and multi-processing
- Proficient in applying design patterns to solve design issues
- Developing M&S training aviation software
- Experience delivering multiple projects using a full software development life cycle (i.e. Agile, Spiral, Waterfall, …)
- Must be open to some travel (domestic and international)
Desired Qualifications DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- C#, .NET, and Visual Studio IDE
- Knowledge in the following digital data protocols: Ethernet (IEEE 802.3), TCP/IP, UDP, MIL-STD-1553B, ARINC-429, DIS
- Simulation Software Experience
- 1 or more years developing using GL Studio or similar product
- Experience with Agile Software Development Lifecycle
- Demonstrated success developing hardware/software interface applications
- 1 or more years developing Microsoft WPF Applications
- 1 or more years development experience creating high-fidelity, fully immersive trainers/simulators or equivalent gaming development
- The candidate should be self-motivated.
- A willingness to work and learn in a fast-paced environment as part of a dynamic and growing team is also a key to success.
- Additionally, the candidate should be both experienced in all facets of software development and familiar with software engineering tools and practices.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner
- Ability to excel working in a team environment, establishing collaborative relationships with co-workers
- Willingness to work in a highly motivated team
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability