Job ID: 1929433
Location: OAK RIDGE, TN, United States
Date Posted: Feb 3, 2020
Subcategory: Cyber Ops Center Support
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
The role is responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, maintaining, and configuring a variety of content filtering, network
firewall, and intrusion prevention tools according to operational guidelines. Other responsibilities include the following:
- Interface with end-users, systems administrators, and engineers for scheduling and implementing firewall exception
requests and network troubleshooting efforts.
- Configure new firewall equipment
- Monitor security system logs and status.
- Perform daily tuning of firewall and IPS tools
- Communicate and escalate issues and incidents as required by process or management
- Software maintenance and patching of network security tools
- Maintain and follow standard security operating procedures, processes, and guidelines
- Provide suggestions or requirements for engineering initiatives and services
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation to support the demands of a global enterprise
- Document all events and tickets in the appropriate systems
- Participate in knowledge sharing
- Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
- Performing documentation review and improvement
- Attending meetings as needed
- Additional responsibilities will include the support of Security Operations Center activities
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: AA Degree in related discipline and one year related experience; Or, High School and two (2) years of related experience with relavent certification.
To be considered for this role it is preferred the candidate have:
- A solid background of IP networking concepts and Networking troubleshooting.
- Direct experience with network firewall administration.
- Experience with Intrusion Prevention Systems: reviewing/implementing signature updates, tuning false-positives,
implementing custom intelligence as requested
- Experience using log aggregation tools, such as Splunk, Tufin, or Palo Alto’s Panorama to troubleshoot network and
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the security industry and trends
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability