Job ID: 1929432
Location: OAK RIDGE, TN, United States
Date Posted: Mar 11, 2020
Subcategory: Cyber Ops Center Support
Shift: Night Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
The SAIC Cyber Defense Analyst role is responsible for real-time 24/7 monitoring, analysis, and resolution
of identified security events. Will perform daily operations utilizing a SIEM and monitor events from multiple sources
including but not limited to firewall logs, system logs (Unix and Windows), network and host based intrusion detection
systems, applications, databases, and other security information monitoring tools.
- Monitor security event systems utilizing security information and event management (SIEM) tools.
- Provide initial response and support to intrusion or security breach events
- Document all events and tickets in the appropriate systems
- Participate in knowledge sharing with other analysts
- Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
- Performing documentation review and improvement
- Attending meetings as needed
- Communicate and escalate issues and incidents as required by process or management
- Additional responsibilities will include the support of Security Operations Center activities
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: AA Degree in related discipline and one year related experience; Or, High School and two (2) years of related experience with relavent certification.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability