Job ID: 1929264
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 18, 2019
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC Corporate Real Estate & Facilities is seeking a Senior Manager of Facilities Projects and Space Planning to join our team. The individual will plan, schedule and oversee the construction of multiple facility projects (new construction, renovation and alterations) including the management and coordination of several outside project managers and space planners. This individual may be required to self-manage projects, as necessary. Responsibilities include the preparation and participation in the development of architectural, engineering design, cost estimates, functional studies, construction plans, specifications, and schedules for facility and construction projects. The individual will obtain and supervise outside contractors, actively participate in architectural and engineering design reviews, assist in the development of procedures and standards for the planning and design of facilities. Supervise the detailed design, budgetary costing, standardized construction, and final inspection of facility projects. The individual will conduct construction surveillance to ensure adherence to contractual and code requirements, and overall quality of work. This role will support Senior Management in the planning and utilization of office space, labs and warehouses with requirements of organizational efficiency, and available facilities and funds. The individual will ensure space planning, coordination, and allocation of space for all sites to the appropriate cost pool. This will require a strong partnership with Finance and occupancy planners. The role also develops and recommends long-range plans to meet future space needs.
This individual will oversee and manage the operational aspects of ongoing facility projects and serve as the integrated project team lead between Real estate and Facilities Management, Information Technology, Security and Customer/Program/Business Unit stakeholders.
Coordinates with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings
Prepares consistent bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition; reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs;
Inspects or directs the inspection of construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules. Plans, coordinates, and allocates office space for all locations.
Responsible for managing the planning, programming, and development of capital improvement projects, monitoring construction, contract documents, closeouts, pre-bid conferences.
· Prepares project architectural, engineering and build-out cost estimates to include furniture, security, and IT solutions.
· Conducts space feasibility and utilization studies and prepares reports on findings
· Work with planners/BU leads to determine space requirements for the purpose of planning and negotiating group relocations
· Recommends changes in space assignment and facilities allocation to business units
· Assists management in identification of problems, trends or future space needs and makes recommendations
· Analyzes space utilization effectiveness and changing demands for space needs; recommends actions to meet new requirements
· Manage and prioritize Project Management and Space Planning Resources
· Develop Common processes and reporting tools for consolidated enterprise project management and space planning reporting.
· Develop Space Standards and ensure consistent deployment and implementation across portfolio
· Manage the selection of design teams and construction contractors.
· Ensure customer alignment with Space Plan, Project Scope, Schedule and Budget
· Ensure all code compliance is obtained to support Facility Projects
· Track budgets, schedules and develop reports as required
· Support Capital Asset Planning and Reporting
· Support Regional Strategic Planning and actively participate with gathering requirements, space programming and planning to drive optimization and value added solutions.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· 18 years of professional experience. 10 years direct experience in planning and managing Facilities projects costing more than three million dollars.
· Must be US Citizen with ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
· Experience in space planning, strategic space planning, AutoCAD, interior design, architecture, and project management.
· Must have proven strong quantitative and analytical skills for using in project management along with the ability to be thorough and accurate.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
· Proven ability to work well in a team environment and under high stress situations.
· Minimum Three years of supervisory experience.
· Strong understanding of building information modeling software, FM Systems, building design, Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Project and move management.
· Knowledge of IFMA and BOMA as it relates to space standards
· Knowledge of Interior design and principles of Architecture
· Experience with AutoCAD
· General knowledge of the building codes, NFPA, and OSHA.
Required Education (including Major):
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Business, or related discipline.
· Certification by Construction Management Association of America, the American Institute of Constructors, or similar accredited construction or engineering certification.
PMP, Facility or Construction Management Certification.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability