This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1928918
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 19, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking an experienced professional engineer to join the National Security Customer Group (NSCG). SAIC's NSCG provides specialized program management, engineering, analysis, and operations support to a variety of Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. We support the next-generation of national security-related systems based in space, in the air and on the ground.
SAIC's NSCG has an opening for a Senior Optical Engineer to provide systems engineering and technical advisory (SETA) services to a Government Intelligence Community (IC) customer. The customer is developing the next-generation of space and ground systems architectures, hardware, and software solutions.
The Senior Optical Engineer will work closely with IC and DOD customers, and with their industry partners. Working for SAIC in this role, the Senior Optical Engineer will inform the IC and DOD customers on technical solutions and opportunities for scientific and engineering opportunities to improve next-generation systems for space, air, and ground.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Oversee design, development, and test of optical and electro-optical systems and components, including payloads, telescopes, sensors, electro-optics, detectors, lasers, and fiber-optics for aircraft and space satellites.
· Advise the government on component specifications, tolerances, simulations, and test procedures for optical, opto-mechanical, and electro-optical systems and components.
· Assist the Government in developing operational concepts (CONOPS), mission threads, and approaches to employment of optical systems.
· Ensure research and development (R&D) efforts are planned and conducted on a sound engineering basis including management of technical risks.
· Provide technical support to customer activities and programmatic processes.
· Develop documents and
briefings to communicate work or study status, brief Government and industry as
· Must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph.
· Masters degree in engineering, science, or related disciplines.
· Twelve (12 years) or more of related experience.
· Experience in the design, development, and testing of space-based optical and electro-optical systems and components.
· Experience in developing component specifications, tolerances, simulations, and test procedures for electro-optical systems and components.
· Effective customer engagement, interpersonal communications, writing, and briefing skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and team environment.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and modeling software.
· Experience using commercial optical design tools such as Code V, Zemax, MATLAB, and Spatial Analyzer.
· Aptitude for on-site Systems Engineering and Technical Advisor (SETA) work.
· Experience with NASA, Department of Defense (DoD) or the Intelligence Community (IC) R&D organizations.
· Experience with Optical Instruments Engineering as an optics technical expert for multiple flight programs, at various points spanning the full range of their developmental cycles.
· Experience in Alignment, Integration, and Test for flight programs, including work in planning and performing CMM, laser tracker, and other metrology activities to the interferometric measurements to align and verify optical sub-system performance.
· Experience with Optical Systems Engineering, working optical testing and verification issues for a flight programs.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability