This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1929364
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 31, 2020
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
The International Trade Compliance Analyst has primary responsibility of supporting the International Trade Compliance Department (ITC). In this role, the ITC Analyst Associate will work closely with ITC Leadership and Program Management to ensure compliance with all applicable: (1) licensing and agreements activities; (2) SAIC policies and procedures; and (3) US and foreign international trade compliance legal and regulatory requirements.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Act as primary coordinator for company licensing activities, ensuring compliance with U.S. export/import laws and regulations as well as SAIC policies, instructions and manuals.
• Coordinating closely with the ITC Empowered Officials on all export and import related matters.
• Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in providing guidance to internal customers on all matters concerning export/import activities.
• Support centralized licensing processes by reviewing, editing, submitting and providing feedback to internal customers for all U.S government licensing activities, including but not limited to U.S Department of Commerce, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Department of Treasury.
• Ensure practical due diligence is conducted on international business transactions.
• Remain current with U.S. government policies, regulations, procedures including Federal Register Notices and Export Control Reforms and assist in implementing SAIC and U.S. Government updates and changes within the company.
• Assist in developing and implementing international trade compliance training as well as conduct required training to all identified personnel and programs including general, specific and targeted export/import compliance training.
• Support the ITC Department in maintaining the compliance posture of SAIC such as updating/maintaining policies, instructions and manuals, related governance documents, completing internal audit and assessments and reviewing/reporting potential instances of non-compliance.
• Support physical export/import transactions through review, edit/comment and approval of invoices, shipping documentation and AES entries, closely coordinate with internal transportation/logistics personnel on movement of equipment as well as with brokers and freight forwarders.
• Reviewing and approving requests for employees’ foreign travel and foreign person visitor access to SAIC sites
• Manage any potential anti-boycott requests including working with Legal and U.S. Department of Commerce on reporting requirements and resolutions.
• Maintain regulatory required and other appropriate records and documentation in an organized an easily searchable format.
• Manage and meet multiple goals, plans and milestones
• Assist in other International Trade Compliance initiatives as necessary.
• Exemplary written and oral communication skills
• Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to gain the cooperation of others
• Must be comfortable consulting or receiving concerns with employees company-wide to ensure objectivity and timely response while operating in a confidential environment
• Must be comfortable with training multiple audiences and attendees.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field of study or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in International Policy, Trade or applicable regulatory compliance related roles.
• Proven practical experience and understanding of U.S. Government Regulations to include: International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), U.S. Customers and Border Protection regulations, Office of Foreign Asset Controls, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and Federal Trade Regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to stay current of changes in Export/Import regulations and accurately interpret the same.
• Excellent written and interpersonal skills
• Strong leadership and strong commitment to integrity and professionalism
• Regularly exercises independent judgment in determining the reliability of data reviewed.
• Capability to think clearly and quickly under pressure and the composure to satisfy multiple and often competing interests.
• Demonstrated assertiveness with internal clients an successful track record of creating compliant solutions for internal customers
Desired QualificationsDESIRED SKILLS:
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability