Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) currently has an
opening for a Training Analyst. A challenging instructor position that equips
students with the knowledge and skills to perform operations,
system administration, network monitoring, fault isolation and system
restoration of the Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services
(CANES). Instructor will be working onsite and hand-in-hand with military/civilian
instructors assigned to the Center for Information Warfare Training (CIWT)
Information Warfare Training Command (IWTC) 3975 Norman Scott Road,
Building 3290, Room 309, San Diego, CA 92136.
and execute instructor-led or facilitated training courses using standardized
practices and procedures to train military/civilian personnel.
subject matter expertise to develop, test, and maintain curriculum.
individualized and classroom/lab/training sessions, work on problems of diverse
scope, and may determine methods and procedures for improving the training
environment and curriculum.
on a daily basis with students, customers, and stakeholders.
military personnel or civilian equivalents and other system administrator
personnel in the data transport, voice and video services, systems management,
cybersecurity, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of CANES.
includes labs that reinforce the information discussed. System troubleshooting
provides further understanding of the interaction of all system components.
knowledge test and remediation practices, when needed.
- When not actively training
in the military schoolhouse, instructors may be tasked with afloat training
events. Afloat training events require
the instructor to train the sailor onboard their ship, while inport, on operational
- Bachelors and three (3) years or more of related experience; Masters and one (1) years or more experience; or seven (7) years of related experience in lieu of degree.
Instructor experience including formal instructor training, such as the Navy's Basic Instructor Training or Journeyman Instructor Training; or a current industry standard Trainer Certification, such as Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) or CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+).
- Three (3) years prior experience on the administration or installation of CANES.
- Must have an active Secret security clearance.
- Current IA certifications including CompTIA Security+ or be able to obtain in first 6 months of employment.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux, Virtualization, Microsoft System Center, Microsoft Server, Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Exchange Server, backup and restoration policies and procedures, and Cisco router/switch IOS configuration.
- Familiarity with DoN personnel security and physical security policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Be able Travel – 10%.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability