SAIC has a need for a Sr. Aviation Airworthiness and Safety Multi-Core Processor Developer with real-time embedded software development and test experience. This person will set up a test lab to analyze and test various multi-core processor architectures. The end effort will be the foundation for developing the software airworthiness qualification approach for Army Aviation equipment that will use multi-core processor chips in future designs.
This is a new area for Army Aviation Software Airworthiness and Safety- after the test lab is set up, the engineer will develop tests and collect data to identify and characterize interferences and resource contention as well as test partitioning schemes between safety critical applications to ensure determinism within the safety critical software applications. The multi-core processors will run a Real Time Operating System (RTOS) as required for safety critical software applications.
- Requirements definition and verification
- Design documentation
- S/W allocation and configurations settings, worst case execution timing (WCET) analyses & bootloader
- Test plan development, test driver development, performance and documents test results.
- Position involves knowledge of software development, Real Time Operating Systems, embedded programming and testing.
- Direct experience with army aviation equipment considered a plus.
- Successful candidate must possess a SECRET clearance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience; years of experience can be used in lieu of degree
- The successful candidate will have 9+ years software development experience and 5 years experience with real time software systems (VxWorks preferred) and/or embedded systems.
- Must have strong skills in C, or C++ programming languages.
- Also experience in the design and review of test equipment (development of test drivers, etc).
- Preference to have some multi-core processor experience.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter, capable of multi-tasking, and have initiative to attack and solve problems with minimum supervision.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability