Job ID: 1929160
Location: MACDILL AFB, FL, United States
Date Posted: Jan 29, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
• This job posting is for an upcoming/future position.
• The position is based in Tampa, Florida.
• The Systems Administrator will be responsible for maintaining and updating Windows Server environment for the USCENTCOM enterprise.
Other responsibilities include:
• Setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space.
• Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
• Assist in the implementation of policies and standards related to the use of computing resources, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
• Schedules, plans, and oversees system upgrades.
• Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with development team on systematic enhancements or changes.
• Reviews the efficiency and effectiveness of the process for controlling problems.
• Performs a variety of difficult assignments associated with monitoring and controlling computer operating systems.
• Analyzes system faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
• Evaluates and installs developed software during various phases of testing.
• Reviews and prepares documentation for systems, tests and installation of software.
• Investigates and recommends methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Initiates preventive maintenance on the operating systems as well as repair to system/environment problems.
• Administers systems/environment solutions for multiple projects with varying schedules.
• Interfaces with vendors for trouble calls.
• Supports the planning of system/environment requirements for individual projects.
• Producing management information related to problem management.
• Allocating resources to support efforts related to problem management.
• Monitoring the effectiveness of error control and making recommendations for improving.
• Ensuring problems are escalated and tracked at the proper priority level.
• Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience is desired or 9+ year’s experience (preferred) in lieu of education.
• Experience working with Windows Server, VMware, MS Exchange and Active
• Active DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance.
• Security + CE
• ITIL V3 - MCSE
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability