Senior Research Methodologist
Job ID: 1929149
Location: BETHESDA, MD, United States
Date Posted: Jan 27, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Research Scientist
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Senior Research Methodologist to conduct empirically valid behavioral and social science research to inform security missions, with an emphasis on personnel security. This position will take complex, technical information in the behavioral and social sciences and translate it for colleagues and consumers who have non-technical backgrounds. Generate research ideas, design the methodology to empirically test/validate such ideas, collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data generated by the methodology, and create final reports and briefings describing the research process and results.
- Graduate degree In a behavioral science (e.g., Experimental Psychology, Data Science, Sociology, Behavioral Economics).
- Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Minimum two (2) years of experience supporting IC elements. These two (2) years of experience may be concurrent with requisite years of experience.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience supporting IC Security elements, supporting security policy and program development. This year may be concurrent with requisite years of experience.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate, develop, and advance security-related research initiatives, and coordinate data collection and analysis to enhance security program elements.
- Aptitude for recommending and successfully applying a variety of quantitative and qualitative approaches to analyze and resolve security-relevant issues.
- Demonstrated capacity for reviewing, compiling, writing, and editing research reports, briefings, and summaries to support and Integrate security developments and trends
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and assess appropriate quantitative and qualitative data using advanced statistical software (e.g., SPSS, R, and/or SAS) to produce analytic reports in response to customer requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with senior leaders from inside and outside the USG, and to coordinate, network, and communicate across the IC.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience supporting Ie elements. These four (4) years of experience must be concurrent with requisite years of experience.
- Minimum two (2) year of experience supporting IC Security elements, supporting security policy and program development. These two (2) year of experience must be concurrent with requisite years of experience.
- Familiarity with the IC and its components, as well as its missions, disciplines, capabilities, and interrelationships.
- Demonstrated familiarity with appropriate Security Regulations and Policies.
Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.