Knowledge Manager / Knowledge Management Specialist (TS/SCI w/Poly Required)
Job ID: 1929033
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 12, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Knowl/Collab Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a highly motivated and accomplished Knowledge
Manager / Management Specialist professional to support a
dynamic, exciting program.
Description / Duties
Under the guidance of the staff,
the ideal candidate will devise a plan for research to improve discoverability
of its research and development (R&D) data and insights. The ideal
candidate will also help determine how to run technology experiments and
development in a data environment so that data and documentation of internally
generated insights are effectively captured. Assess the current
state of data associated with internal research (information,
repositories, artifacts, and relationships). Assess the ability to search
repositories. Determine the type of data currently captured, provide
insights into the data, assess what should be captured, and outline how to
the population and current behaviors. Research business questions
and customer requirements. Interview officers and units to
determine what insights and artifacts matter for the organization and
integration of the data collected; Determine ways to index, store,
and search the data; Conduct user observation studies to capture
obstacles to knowledge management.
- Assess informational elements
(such as metadata and tagging) for capturing, marking, storing, searching,
and accessing semi-structured information.
- Evaluate processes and device
- Determine what documentation
processes can be automated.
- Provide data research,
cataloging, discovery, and management practices to capture, make
discoverable, and share documentation
- Develop a structure and
hierarchy for the categorization of the data.
- Assist with creation of data
business rules and interface for project tracking.
- Work with various internal and
external organizations on requirements to digitize and make
searchable hard copy collections relevant for trade craft and research.
- Design the best method to
capture and make discoverable efforts such as experimental and test data,
project reports, and lessons learned.
- Help define a knowledge
management workflow and environment.
- Help build and communicate an
understanding of the value of various data in an organization.
- Help scope requirements for
future data management and data exploitation efforts, including topic modeling.
- Must have an active/current TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Bachelor's degree or higher or equivalent work experience in information science, information systems, library science, information management, human-computer interaction or related field. OR 4 additional years of related experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 14 years of comprehensive security experience.
- Demonstrated analytic and critical problem-solving skills and ability to create solutions, including improvements to capabilities or processes
- Demonstrated experience with User Experience, Design Thinking or Human-centered design processes; demonstrated on-the-job experience conducting design research preferred
- Familiarity with data structuring methods and search methods
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern cataloging practices
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, including an ability to effectively convey key points, translate technical topics for ease of understanding, and provide in-depth communications to a range of audiences in person or online
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including ability to track and shepherd project studies, plans, and action items
- Superb people skills: networking, judgment, tact, collaboration and team-oriented behaviors
- Ability to occasionally travel to support domestic and other field locations.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability