SAIC is seeking a team oriented, solution focused, and motivated Electronic Publication Specialist interested in joining our Huntsville, AL team.
Position is in support of the Publication Services Directorate, ALC, AMCOM.
Developed a maintenance Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) using XML / SGML data and IADS software.
- Evaluates source documents/data and determines specific revision/development design.
- Format requirements as well as criteria for project acceptance.
- Working knowledge of FOSIs and XSL-FO stylesheets to support the XML environments in MIL-STD-40051 and MIL-PRF-63029.
- Conversion of non-digital or untagged source files into valid XML instances through the use of scripts and macros.
- Produced MIL-STD-40051 compliant print manuals (operator, lube order, and battle damage) using PTC’s Arbortext production files and UltraEdit software.
- Tag in XML or SGML the Maintenance Allocation Chart (MAC), Repair Parts and Special Tools List (RPSTL), interactive troubleshooting procedures, maintenance work packages, preventive maintenance checks and services, and other work packages.
- Knowledge of digitizing a Manual from a different standard, rearranging information as needed, pointing out missing information, using existing macros in UltraEdit to convert the information from PDF into .XML ensuring compliancy with Military Standard (MILSTD) 40051x and Military Standard (MILSTD) 38784.
- Working knowledge of the software Interactive Authoring and Display Software (IADS) 4.x
Required Education: High School and two (2) years or more related experience.
- Experience in reading a Live DTD to code XML / SGML files in a plain ASCII text editor.
- Experience in code (tagging) using ArborText 5.0 and higher.
- Experience in code (tagging) XML files in accordance with MIL-STD 40051, MIL-STD-38784, MIL-PRF-63029, and AR 25-30.
- Experience in tracking and reporting all daily tasking and project progression.
- Strong customer focus and teamwork skills.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability