SAIC is seeking a Geospatial Analyst to analyze geographic information about the earth's surface and the objects found on it. This is a great opportunity to become Poly cleared!
This position will include the following responsibilities:
- Work with related GIS software and programs to create and maintain databases and/or maps that can be combined with geographically referenced data.
- Meet with users to define data needs, project requirements, required outputs, or to develop applications.
- Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including censuses, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps.
- Analyze spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into documents and reports.
- Enter new map data through use of a digitizer or by direct input of coordinate information using the principles of cartography including coordinate systems, longitude, latitude, elevation, topography, and map scales.
- Active TS/SCI and be willing/able to pass CI Polygraph
- Bachelors Science degree in Geography or related discipline and six (6) years or more experience.
- Expert level experience working with ArcGIS (primarily ArcMap, Spatial Analyst and ArcToolbox) and ERDAS Imagine
- Expert level experience with advanced geospatial and predictive modeling using ArcGIS and/or ERDAS Imagine model builder
- Experience with statistical analysis to help identify best modeling practices
- Experience with performing overlay analysis to identify other data layers that are within proximity to the outputs of geospatial suitability models
- Experience with terrain modeling with DTED/SRTM/HRTE elevation data
- Experience with GIS/raster/vector data gathering through various IC Data Services (primarily NGA)
- Experience with utilizing MIDB to query and identifying information
- Experience with imagery ordering within NGDS or NES (now called Cedalion) and using Remote View to perform image searches
- Experience and comfort level with helping others on how best to use the team's output data within ArcGIS or Google Earth
- Experience in creating technical documents and SOPs describing analytical methodologies
- Must have ability to identify quick solutions to ad-hoc geospatial analysis requirements
- Must process strong communications skills; presentations to senior government officials may be required
- Must be comfortable in communicating with other IC agencies to address analysis and/or data layer needs
Desired Qualifications - Or the Cool Things You'll Learn!
- Experience with working within a Collection Requirements team to identify, collection gaps and provide input to writing requirements in support of GEOINT, OSINT, SIGINT, HUMINT and MASINT
- 3D modeling with ArcGIS ArcScene
- Experience with Python scripting or Model Builder to help streamline routine tasks
- ESRI ArcGIS Desktop Professional Technical Certification (EADP)
- Previously supported the DIA within the last 5-years
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability