Geospatial Analyst-Sr Level
Job ID: 1928683
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 30, 2020
Subcategory: Geo Info Systems
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Senior Geospatial Analyst to analyzes geographic information about the earth's surface and the objects found on it. This is a great opportunity to become Poly cleared!
This position will include the following:
- Work with related GIS software and programs to create and maintain databases and/or maps that can be combined with geographically referenced data.
- Meet with users to define data needs, project requirements, required outputs, or to develop applications.
- Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including censuses, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps.
- Analyze spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into documents and reports.
- Enter new map data through use of a digitizer or by direct input of coordinate information using the principles of cartography including coordinate systems, longitude, latitude, elevation, topography, and map scales.
- Active TS/SCI and be willing/able to pass a Polygraph
- Bachelors Science degree in
Geography or related discipline and ten (10) years or more experience.
- Expert level experience working
with ArcGIS (primarily ArcMap, Spatial Analyst and ArcToolbox) and ERDAS
- Expert level experience with
advanced geospatial and predictive modeling using ArcGIS and/or ERDAS
Imagine model builder
- Experience with statistical
analysis to help identify best modeling practices
- Experience with performing
overlay analysis to identify other data layers that are within proximity
to the outputs of geospatial suitability models
- Experience with terrain
modeling with DTED/SRTM/HRTE elevation data
- Experience with
GIS/raster/vector data gathering through various IC Data Services
- Experience with utilizing MIDB
to query and identifying information
- Experience with imagery
ordering within NGDS or NES (now called Cedalion) and using Remote View to
perform image searches
- Experience and comfort level
with helping others on how best to use the team's output data within
ArcGIS or Google Earth
- Experience in creating
technical documents and SOPs describing analytical methodologies
- Must have ability to identify
quick solutions to ad-hoc geospatial analysis requirements
- Must process strong
communications skills; presentations to senior government officials may be
- Must be comfortable in
communicating with other IC agencies to address analysis and/or data layer
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability