SAIC is seeking a Front End Developer to design, develop, document, test and debug application software. This position requires an active TS/SCI and is a great opportunity to become Poly cleared!
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
- End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls
- Prepares operating instructions
- Designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Must have current/active TS/SCI
and be willing/able to pass a Polygraph.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering or UX/UI Design.
- Minimum 6-years of software
- Recent experience with
Front-end frameworks, e.g. Angular 7.
- Recent experience with Git
version control and branching workflows.
- Recent experience with Cloud
technologies, e.g. AWS EC2 and RDS, Docker, OpenShift.
- Recent experience with
implementation of complex visualizations that support data analysis, e.g.
D3, VisJS and Kabana.
- Recent experience with writing
unit tests using modern testing tools, e.g. Jest, Jasmine.
Desired Qualifications - Or the Cool Things You Will Learn!
- Experience with build tools, e.g. npm, Webpack and Yarn.
- Depth of experience with databases and indexing, e.g. PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, MySQL and DyanmoDB.
- Familiarity with an object-oriented language, e.g. Python, Java, C++, ect…
- Familiarity with geospatial applications like ArcGIS, QGIS or Mapbox and geospatial-specific data formats like GeoJSON.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies, specifically frequent, iterative releases which rely on user feedback to refine features over time.
- Knowledge of Design Thinking principles. Previous experience working alongside UX/UI designers.
- Previously supported the DIA within the last 5-years.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability