Lead Avionics Systems Engineer_FW ASIL
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1928757
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Dec 24, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has a need for a Senior-Level System Engineer Lead to provide engineering support at Systems Simulation Software and Integration (S3I) to implement a reconfigurable Fixed Wing Avionics System Integration Laboratory (FW ASIL).
- In a team environment of approximately 10, this individual will serve as the technical lead directly supporting the Program Manager to plan and synchronize the teams’ integration of commercial and tactical military avionics hardware, test equipment, and software mission equipment components into existing aircraft configurations and future upgrades.
- Individual will be responsible for the planning, execution, supervision, reporting (written) and presentation (oral) at the Program Manager Level test certification results on Avionics (Navigation and Communication) equipment incorporated into US Army fixed wing aircraft.
- Candidate will assist in the development, integration, and testing of hardware and software for evaluation and certification of modifications to commercial and military tactical avionics for Special Electronic Mission Aircraft (SEMA).
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
; years of experience may be used in lieu of degree.
- System engineering experience in laboratory test/development environment
- Experience integrating COTS (Commercial Off the Shelf) equipment with Army tactical hardware
- Develop technical information (Schematics, drawings, bill of materials, etc.)
- Experience developing Test Plans and Procedures
- Experience developing automated test scripts for test programs
- Install and troubleshoot aircraft avionics in a SIL environment
- Experience creating software and hardware requirements, design, interface and test documentation and analysis of test results
- Experience producing Test Reports in customer formats.
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong interpersonal communications skills and ability to work across geographically diverse groups
- Ability to coordinate effectively with other external organizations (various government organizations and vendors)
- Ability to work multiple platform configurations, tests, and report tasks concurrently
- Ability to successfully complete tasks with minimal direction both working as an individual contributor as well as a team member
- Commercial Test Experience
- Familiar with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability