Army Aviation Subject Matter Expert_AMPS
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1928751
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Jan 8, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Sys Integration
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is currently hiring for an Army Aviation Subject Matter Expert (SME) supporting the US Army’s System Simulation, Software, and Integration (S3I) Directorate located in Huntsville, AL. The SME is the resident expert on all aspects of Federal Aviation and DOD/Army Aviation regulations and flight operations including Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) and Area Navigation (RNAV) flight operations . This candidate will support aeronautical data handling and verification testing across multiple aircraft platforms in an aircraft integration lab, simulator, and PC [MS Windows] and support Aviation Mission Planning System (AMPS) software development and testing.
- Aeronautical data handling and verification testing of NGA DAFIF data and the 28 day AIRAC cycle by processing and reviewing data, generating navigation databases, and flying instrument procedures in an aircraft integration lab or simulator.
- Review and analyze DAFIF data, diagnose aircraft avionics, flight management system (FMS), and aeronautical data problems related to Communications, Navigation, Surveillance / Air Traffic Management (CNS/ATM).
- Analyze aeronautical data and avionics behavior, test new software tools, and make recommendation for changes as data and technologies develop and mature.
- Member of the CNS/ATM and AMPS software teams with the ability to work and coordinate with the program office, software developers, aero-engineers, software test engineers and customers.
- Participant in and representative to NGAs Digital Coding Standards Working Group (DCSTG).
- Maintain current and relevant knowledge base with respect to IFR/RNAV flight operations, aeronautical data, technically advanced aircraft operations, and related software support systems.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience (equivalent years of experience can be in lieu of degree)
- Candidate must be IFR rated with RNAV experience and possess US Army aviation and pilot experience on one or more of the Army’s primary aircraft (AH-64, CH-47, UH-60, UH-72, or C-12/RC12) to include experience with airborne navigational databases
- Previous Army Aircraft pilot experience
- Familiarity with Communications, Navigation, Surveillance / Air Traffic Management (CNS/ATM)
- MUST be eligible for Secret Security clearance; prefer a current ACTIVE Secret clearance
- An Instructor Pilot (IP), Instrument Examiner (IE), and Tactical Operations Officer / Aviation Mission Survivability Officer (TACOPS/AMSO) identifier is desired.
- Experience with AMPS including AWE, IPAC, IPACX, PFPS, CFPS, FalconView and XPlan is highly desired.
- Flight experience within the previous 12 months in a technically advanced aircraft is also highly desirable.
- Understanding of Software Process is a plus, but not required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability