SAIC currently has a career opportunity for an Information System Security Manager(ISSM) in Annapolis Junction, MD.
• The Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) has overall management responsibility for the IT Security Program and implements information systems security tasks, as required for the safeguarding, handling, and controlling of classified information.
• Knowledgeable in information systems security in order to assure enforcement of company and government regulations.
• Knowledge of NISPOM, NIST 800-53, and Intelligence Community implementation of Risk Management Framework is required.
• Duties will include but are not limited to technical security engineering, administrative processing, and compliance reporting and interpersonal customer service skills.
Qualifications Required Experience:
• Advanced experience in Windows (10) and Windows Server operating systems and a working knowledge of Linux
• Knowledge of how Windows systems integrate into Microsoft Active Directory, utilize Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and implementing Group Policies.
• The candidate should also have a strong working knowledge of networking and familiarity with Cisco router, switch and firewall management languages.
• Administration of Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and Host Based Security Systems (HBSS).
• Candidate should have experience with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) security policies to include: Certification & Accreditation, applying Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to secure computing
components and regularly apply software/ firmware patches from Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA).
• Candidate must possess the ability to operate independently without supervision.
• This is a critical role that requires the applicant to be a self-starter and willingness to initiate communication with SAIC management and various Government agencies for support and/or compliance requirements.
• The position requires daily support of system users, interaction with SAIC management and occasional interaction with Government personnel.
• Professional and effective interpersonal skills and attire along with the ability to provide face to face customer support are required.
• Support to TS/SCI level programs in Intelligence Community.Required Education and Experience:
• Active TS/SCI clearance eligibility along with FSP Polygraph.
• Approximately 7 years of related information systems security experience in a security environment with demonstrated knowledge of classified IS operation.
• Applicant will have an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows server and client operating systems.
• A working knowledge of network and communication equipment, protocols, and troubleshooting tools is highly desired.
• Current/active professional certifications that comply with DoD 8570 requirements are required.
• Security+ certification is a minimum.
Desired Qualifications Desired Education and Experience:
• Experience working on classified processing systems or handling classified material.
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and/or Microsoft Certified System Administrator/ Microsoft/Certified System Engineer (MCSA/MCSE) a plus.
• Prior or current military service.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability