SAIC is seeking a Linux Systems Administrator to perform high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers. This is a great opportunity to become Poly cleared!
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
- Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Plans and implements the modernization of servers.
- Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI and be will/able to obtain a CI Polygraph
- Requires a Bachelors degree in
Computer Science or related discipline; or 4 additional years of
experience in lieu of a degree
- Minimum of 6 years of experience
with the administration and distribution of Linux systems (preferably RHEL
and CentOS at a minimum)
- Proficient in creation and
management of VMWare-based virtual machines
- Experience installing,
configuring, maintaining, monitoring and troubleshooting LINUX servers,
either physical (bare metal) or virtual (VMWare or equivalent)
- Experience in hardening Linux
systems based on DISA STIGs requirements or similar hardening regulations
- IC/DoD security experience to
include auditing, virus scanning and IAVA resolution
- Offline system patching (such
- Setup, configure and maintain
various LINUX servers to support development, test, integration and
operational software threads
- Work with development teams to
design, implement and maintain continuous integration environment for
several projects across multiple networks
- Support security with VM
hardening, patching, auditing, new software requests and other security
- Track and manage internal and
external software licenses
- Manage Atlassian tool suite
(JIRA, Bit Bucket, Confluence) in support of software and system
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability