SAIC is seeking a Sr. LINUX Systems AdministratorPerforms high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers. This is a great opportunity to obtain a CI Poly!
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinate, direct and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedule installations and upgrades and maintain them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Continually monitor and tune multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
- Ensure data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Plan and implement the modernization of servers.
- Develop, implement and promote standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Conduct hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Develop and implement new standards, policies and procedures.
- Work closely with Network and Systems Analysts to help determine and develop the systems that will be implemented.
- Must have a current/active
TS/SCI and be will/able to obtain a CI Polygraph
- Requires a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Minimum of 10 years of experience
with the administration and distribution of Linux systems (preferably RHEL
and CentOS at a minimum)
- Proficient in creation and
management of VMWare-based virtual machines
- Experience installing,
configuring, maintaining, monitoring and troubleshooting LINUX servers,
either physical (bare metal) or virtual (VMWare or equivalent)
- Experience in hardening Linux
systems based on DISA STIGs requirements or similar hardening regulations
- IC/DoD security experience to
include auditing, virus scanning and IAVA resolution
- Offline system patching (such
- Setup, configure and maintain
various LINUX servers to support development, test, integration and
operational software threads
- Work with development teams to
design, implement and maintain continuous integration environment for
several projects across multiple networks
- Support security with VM
hardening, patching, auditing, new software requests and other security
- Track and manage internal and
external software licenses
- Manage Atlassian tool suite
(JIRA, Bit Bucket, Confluence) in support of software and system
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability