Support the Government’s Enterprise Systems Engineering & Architecture organization in the development, integration, and analysis of the Enterprise Architecture & Standards.
This position provides support for:
- Implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems.
- Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems.
- Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices.
- Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process.
- Configures and manages Linux and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
A Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and at least 5 years of systems administration experience. Five years of additional Systems Administration experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Individuals in this position must have:
- Experience providing integration, implementation and maintenance of COTS/OSS products/tools.
- Experience providing system administration and Tier 1 Help Desk Support within a Windows and Linux environment.
- Experience providing configuration management server administration support.
- Experience providing engineering solutions for server build outs within Windows and Linux environments.
- Understanding of backup and recovery support.
- Ability to provide innovative implementation recommendations and solutions.
- Ability to identify risks and mitigations throughout systems life cycle phases.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and propose engineering standards, processes and procedures for an integration project/requirement.
- Ability to identify, create, and report on performance monitoring metrics on integrated COTS tools.
- Ability to lead integration efforts into an enterprise environment.
- Ability to identify the need for additional resources (servers/people).
- Ability to provide technical integrity, quality and completeness of work associated with deliverables, processes, etc.
- Must meet DoD Directive 8570 IAM Level 1 requirements
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability