Job ID: 1928542
Location: BEDFORD, MA, United States
Date Posted: May 7, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Data Scientist
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking experienced professionals to join the National Security Customer Group (NSCG). NSCG provides specialized program management, engineering, analysis and operations support to a variety of Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers.
NSCG has an opening as a Chief Data Architect to support the government in designing and implementing the Air Force’s future Multi Domain
Command and Control (MDC2) network and data virtualization capability.
The individual is responsible for supporting the delivery of Data Architecture for a large DoD program that could include:
- Enterprise Engineering services in developing executing data architectures for command and control applications
(multiple data feeds, sophisticated processing).
- Responsible for delivering support services that supply specific engineered solutions and pertinent planning
documentation on all aspects of the customer’s Data Architecture.
- Working with multi domain data infrastructure; and developing logical cross-sections of databases for cross-domain
interaction. This includes data architectural design support and deployment, engineering design, proof of concept (POC)
development, pilots, analysis, results, and documentation.
- Support the design and management of all aspects of the testing and development of technology.
- Works in cross-functional teams with data at all stages of the analysis lifecycle to derive actionable insight.
- Translates mission needs into an end-to-end analytical approach to achieve results. Performs the pre-analytics areas of
data collection and understanding, data cleansing and integration, and data storage and retrieval.
- Determines the appropriate analytics based on the data and the desired outcomes, using techniques including feature
detection, statistics, data mining, predictive modeling, machine learning, natural language processing, and business
- Interprets the validity of results and communicates the meaning of those results.
- Has familiarity with data wrangling, analytics, and visualization software and programming languages, including analytics
methods for big data.
- Follows a scientific approach to generate value from data, verifying results at each step.
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contributes to development of new principles and concepts.
- Participates with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Recommends/makes decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program,
project, or organizational objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Computer Science and fifteen (15) years of experience with data architecture programs and/or projects, including mission critical programs, data
system design and development, or Masters degree and sixteen
(16) years or more experience; or PhD and fifteen (15) years or more experience.
- Demonstrable experience providing engineered data solutions on large Federal government programs in support of the
- Knowledge of ITILv3 Foundation
- Work experience as a data analyst or in related field.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a US Citizen and have an Active/Current SECRET clearance and able to obtain a TS SCI
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability