Job ID: 1928509
Location: COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, United States
Date Posted: Jan 8, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Database Admin
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
DescriptionSAIC is seeking a SQL Database Administrator to support the Mission Management Center (MMC) located at Peterson AFB, CO. This is a full-time, on-site position supporting a 24/7 critical operations center for the US Government. The ideal candidate will have advanced administration skills for Microsoft SQL Server (MSSQL) database maintenance tasks and well-versed working in a virtual environment. The MMC's databases reside on all classifications of government networks and at multiple sites as well as Amazon Web Service (AWS) cloud and this candidate will be the only administrator for all of them.
· Consults with users to determine database needs; implement new databases and modifies existing databases based on user requirements.
· Maintains all database objects, including tables, stored procedures, triggers and user-defined functions.
· Develops and maintains scripts used to manage and administer database environments.
· Installs, configures, optimizes, and maintains upgrades and implements database technology products.
· Utilizes database management tools to monitor usage and optimize database system performance.
· Develops SQL entries to manage, change, and delete stored data
· Establishes and secures new instances of MS SQL
· Establishes and monitors enterprise SQL site replication
· Discovers and documents current SQL configurations, table structures and stored procedures
· DoD 8570.01 (IAT Level II) compliant with one of the following certificates
o CompTIA Security+ CE
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a closely related field
· Minimum of five years’ experience as a database administrator (or related field)
· Current Security+ certification (8570.01 IAT Level II) or equivalent certification to allow administrator access to government IT systems
· Applicants will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain the required clearance level (Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain SCI)
· Ability to work well in a team environment
· Excellent communications skills
· Ability to self-task and explore areas for improvement on their own
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability