Job ID: 197503
Location: WASHINGTON DC, DC, United States
Date Posted: Jan 29, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Join SAIC's team to help DHS with researching and organizing scientific, engineering, and technological resources and leveraging these existing resources into technological tools to help protect the homeland. Functional teams will work in Research & Development (R&D) and Test and Evaluation (T&E) environments to define requirements, then continue through design and development to help programs manage risks, and support deployment and operations through continuous monitoring.
Provides insight and advice concerning strategic direction and applicability of current, industry standard or innovative solutions based on in-depth understanding of the latest developments relevant to a specialized functional area. Responsible for providing high level vision to program/project manager or senior leadership to influence objectives of complex efforts. Provides guidance on the functional procedures/processes/policies reflecting detailed knowledge of functional areas. May lead in-depth research in support of studies and analyses.
The Engineer/SME will support the translation of customer requests into technical specifications by serving as a liaison between vendors, clients, and project developers. Will work with other project staff (management, scientists, or subject matter experts) to develop and refine concepts of operations, operational plans, and training requirement to make optimum use of existing and planned systems to meet Customer needs.
The Engineer/SME is to assist the Government with ensuring that DHS acquisition efforts adequately include in the following areas:
• Coordinate/organize strategic/mission planning sessions and site visits as needed.
• Perform analyses by applying appropriate scientific and engineering processes and modeling techniques to the life-cycle development of systems.
• Support the development of cost analysis, design considerations, and implementation time-lines.
• Review plans for system integration, operation, and maintenance and assists in the development of training for operational personnel.
Specific areas of expertise are:
• High Explosive countermeasures
• Borders, Immigration, and Maritime Security
• Critical Infrastructure (such as Reliability, WebCloud, etc)
• Emergency Response
• Human Factors and Behavioral Sciences
• Standards Development and Testing
• Threat Vulnerability Test and Assessment
• Public Health Support
• Planning and Exercise Development
• Scientific Research
• Policy and Workforce Development
• Test and Evaluation
• Research and Development
• M.S/M.A. degree and ten (10) years or more experience in complex engineering or technical efforts involving multiple facets of engineering disciplines.
• Must have experience in analysis, engineering, or technical efforts related to complex system development or acquisition.
• This includes, but is not limited to, experience supporting strategic planning, mission and requirements development, and program definition functions, and providing assistance in developing strategic vision.
• Experience providing analysis to evaluate the degree to which differing systems solutions are effective and feasible.
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Experience in a Systems Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) environment.
• T&E training for DHS and / or commercial equivalent certification, this can include training from the Federal Acquisition Institute Training Application System.
• May be required to have at minimum an active SECRET or up to a TOP SECRET (TS) security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility.
• Travel up to 10% (CONUS/OCONUS) may be required.
• Prior DHS contractor fitness (suitability) authorization determination.
• Prior DHS experience including any Components or Directorates of DHS.
Customs and Border protection (CBP)
• U.S. Coast Guard (USCG)
• U.S. Secret Services (USSS)
• U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS)
• Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
• Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
• U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
• Science and Technology (S&T)
• Management (USM)
• National Protection & Programs (NPPD)
• Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD)
• Homeland Security Acquisition Institute (HSAI)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability