SAIC is in need of an Oracle Database Administrator to support our NAVSEA 04Z program in Chantilly, VA.
The Oracle Database Administrator Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of databases. Conducts performance tuning of indexes, optimization of storage functionality, and databases in general. Reviews database design and integration of systems, provides backup recovery and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
Maintains security and integrity controls. Formulates policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization. May work with Navy customers, Developers, vendors or corporate IT.
- An active Secret level security clearance
- Minimum two (2) years of specific experience working as an Oracle DBA is required. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- DoD 8570.01 M Baseline Certification Required (CompTIA Security+ or equivalent as specified for DoD IAT Level II)
- DoD 8570.01 M Computing Environment (CE) Certified (Related Oracle certification)
- Web Application and Database Support
- Oracle CPUs and Oracle Upgrades for Oracle DB
- Ability to Install, configure, upgrade, migrate, and patch
- Backup System Administrator in a VMWare / Red Hat Linux environment
- Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule (0530 – 1430); also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required across 4 independent networks.
- Must have experience with:
- Oracle Database -- Oracle (12c/13c)
- Oracle Enterprise Manager / Cloud Control (Oracle 12c/13c)
- Oracle WebLogic (Oracle 13)
- Red Hat Linux (6 or 7)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability