Corporate Communications Specialist
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1928529
Location: SPRINGFIELD, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 2, 2020
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a Corporate Communications Specialist to support the CIO and IT Directorate at NGA.
- Support communications projects as aligned to CIO-T five key strategic mission areas of IC ITE/Cloud Migration; Cybersecurity; Mission Evolution and Emerging Capabilities; GEOINT Standards, Architecture and Engineering; workforce development and transformation.
- Assist CIO-T groups, divisions and offices highlight and publicize related CIO-T mission initiatives and audiences to a variety of audience through a multitude of communications tactics.
- Develop effective communication strategies, plans and tactics that highlight and promote understanding and awareness of key functional areas of the CIO-T directorate.
- Research, write, and coordinate news/feature articles or other communiqués, as assigned by CIO-T Strategic Communications Division chief.
- Develop other communication products, such as briefings, marketing campaigns,, aimed at increasing awareness of milestones and initiatives for a variety of audiences.
- All products shall be written in accordance with AP Style guidelines and align with CIO-T Communications Strategy.
- Provide editing support to CIO-T team members and CIO-T subject matter experts on internal and external taskers, reviews, and requests, as directed by CIO-T Communications Division Chief.
- Maintain the CIO-TQC group mailbox
- Follow established timelines, processes and procedures as well as continually look for ways to improve the overall processes, and support to CIO-T communications mission.
- Create and manage electronic content related to CIO-T Strategy
- Communicate with CIO-T and subordinate offices on the status of assignments
- Respond to emails requesting the communications support promptly at the request of the Government to provide assistance with communication needs. (CDRL: Reports, Briefings, Evaluations, Technical Assignments, Transition Plan, White Papers etc.)
- Create communication plans and tactical calendars for assigned communication initiatives
- Work seamlessly in a team environment, interfacing with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Plan and execute communications tasks as identified and assigned by the CIO-T Strategic Communications Division chief.
- Assist CIO-TS groups, divisions and offices highlight and publicize related CIO-TS mission initiatives and audiences to a variety of audience through a multitude of communications tactics.
- Provide editing support to CIO-TS team members and CIO-TS subject matter experts on internal and external taskers, reviews, and requests, as directed by CIO-TST Division Chief.
- Develop effective communication strategies, plans and tactics that highlight and promote understanding and awareness of key functional areas of the CIO-TS office.
- Research, write, and coordinate news/feature articles or other communiqués, as assigned by CIO-TST Division chief.
- Maintain the CIO-TS group mailbox
- Follow established timelines, processes and procedures as well as continually look for ways to improve the overall processes, and support to CIO-TS communications mission.
- Create and manage electronic content related to CIO-TS Strategy
- Communicate with CIO-TS, subordinate offices and SMEs on the status of assignments.
- Plan and execute communications tasks as identified and assigned by the CIO-TST Division Chief
- Possess a bachelor degree in Communication, Journalism, English and 5 plus years or experience or 8 plus years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrate advanced skill in oral and interpersonal communication, and writing at collegiate and professional levels, especially news and feature writing. Demonstrated written and oral communication skills with drafting documents and briefings.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing critical thinking data gathering and analytic skills
- Demonstrated experience with AP Style guidelines
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability