This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1928417
Location: KANSAS CITY, MO, United States
Date Posted: Jan 13, 2020
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Create new user information solutions by designing, implementing and maintaining Java-based Web components and interfaces within a Scrum team. Contribute to the entire System Development Lifecycle (SDLC), by assessing functional and technical requirements, performing high-level and detailed design activities, writing testable and efficient code in support of those designs and testing completed implementations for functional and technical compliance prior to deployment. Update, maintain and add functionality to preexisting Java-based information solutions.
Primary Job Duties
• Decompose user specifications and technical designs provided by application architects and technical leads to complete assigned coding tasks within a Scrum team.
• Thoroughly test completed code by writing, executing and reporting the results of automated unit tests.
• Participate in, and document the results of, peer code reviews.
• Create SDLC-mandated project and product documentation.
• Debug and resolve application and data issues.
• Reports to a Scrum team lead, with additional oversight provided by project manager, application architects and technical lead.
Requirements and Qualifications
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• Software development knowledge or experience utilizing Java preferred. Alternatively, C# experience is acceptable provided the candidate can demonstrate the ability to quickly and easily adapt to Java.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Moderate Risk Public Trust clearance
• Must possess at minimum an Oracle Certified Associate Java SE x Programmer certification
• Must obtain an Oracle Certified Associate Java SE x Programmer certification within 120 days after hire
NOTE: x denotes Java version. A specific version is not required to meet this requirement; the candidate can achieve certification in any version offered by Oracle.
• Must be an excellent team player in a diverse culture
• Must display the desire and ability to learn in a short time and work under pressure
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability