This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1928408
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2020
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has an immediate need for Principal Software Engineer to support Cloud One and the Solutions and Technology Group of SAIC in Huntsville, AL
As a member of an Agile Team for the Solutions and Technology Group, selected candidate will be a member of a highly-skilled and motivated team responsible for the assessment, design and implementation of solutions in a variety of software applications and integrated systems.
Agile Teams at SAIC are responsible for initiating new project startups, participating in technical demonstrations in support of bids and proposals, supporting existing project surge needs, as well as research and development of cutting edge solutions.
· Work with various Air Force and Army C#/.NET and Java applications, enhancing and migrating them to the Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Environments (CCE).
· Collaborate with other Agile Team members and engineers outside of Huntsville for software development activities and general integration.
· Develope using an Agile development environment, using various SecDevOps tools, such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket (Git), Jenkins, and Docker.
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience [4 years experience, certifications, military service accepted in lieu of degree].
· Knowledgeable using Linux/Windows development and build environments, as well as standard Visual Studio and Eclipse / NetBeans –based IDEs and other O/S command line tools.
· Familiar with Linux O/S and Windows O/S commands, and a good understanding of the C# and Java programming languages.
· Basic understanding of UI/UX concepts, both application and web-facing.
· Able to analyze, refactor, compile and test source code.
· Able to understand and utilize Git configuration management tools.
· Understanding of cloud computing principles.
· Understanding of basic object-oriented concepts and complex data structures.
Experience/Certifications with Amazon CCE/S3/EC2/CloudFront. Experience/Certifications with Microsoft Azure CCE.
React/Angular UX experiences.
Scrum Master and/or Product Owner experience/certification or any DevSecOps certifications.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability