Job ID: 1928387
Location: REMOTE WORK, FL, United States
Date Posted: Dec 12, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Cloud Comp Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
SAIC is seeking a forward-thinking senior cloud development engineer to join our team in support of our GSA Enterprise Operations contract. Our vision at SAIC is to be the premier technology integrator in our market by making a profound difference supporting our customers’ missions.
The successful candidate will act as a hybrid cloud developer and play a critical role in establishing a reliable, efficient, and secure hybrid cloud solution in support of GSA’s mission. The candidate will work in an Agile/DevOps environment and will have an in-depth understanding with demonstrable experience developing hybrid cloud solutions specifically within AWS and on-prem solutions like VMware and Nutanix virtual infrastructure.
• Provide design guidance during discussions utilizing previous experience and industry best practices to develop hybrid cloud services.
• Designs, plans, and integrates hybrid cloud services using modern cloud-native deployment techniques such as DevOps and DevSecOps.
• Develops automation scripts/code for efficient deployment and operations of cloud services utilizing Terraform and Ansible or other configuration management tools.
• Maintains technical expertise, relevant industry standards, and best practices in developing code for cloud computing.
• Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud-based and virtualized services.
• May also provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis, and Engineering.
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into infrastructure and software specifications.
• Develops creative technical solutions to complex problems.
• Work is performed without appreciable direction and reviewed for desired results.
• Exercises judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Establishes and recommends changes to policies.
• Familiar with Agile development processes.
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
• 5 years of IT experience, BA/BS engineering or related IT, System Engineering, or STEM degree (or an additional 2 years of experience in lieu of degree)
• 3 years of focused cloud development programming/scripting experience.
• Experience automating cloud service offerings.
• General experience with coding/scripting using Terraform and AWS CLI/SDK.
• Experience with Infrastructure as a Code (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, SaltStack, etc.).
• Experience utilizing Github for management of code and services.
• Experience managing AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
• Experience integrating cloud services with scripts/code to create customer facing solutions.
• Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud architecture, operations, DevOps, and administration
• General administration experience of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6/7 and Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead architectural and development discussions.
• US Citizenship is required
• Able to obtain (and maintain) GEO Public Trust designation as a condition of employment.
• Able to travel up to 5 percent
• Position is remote/telecommute based, 95 percent
Desired Experience and Certifications:
• Experience developing solutions with Golang.
• Experience with CircleCI.
• Experience using Trello and or Jira for Agile project management.
• Experience utilizing Docker container services.
• Experience with AWS GovCloud desired, C2S strongly preferred.
• Experience developing workflow integration between cloud platforms and ServiceNow.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability