The role of Specialist I
(Technical Administration - Database Management) in Pensacola, FL to provide
support to Navy eLearning. The candidate should have applicable experience as a
database technology subject matter expert (SME), providing technical
leaderships within the team and working with cross-functional teams in
building, scalable enterprise solutions. After hours support (as
needed) to implement changes/repairs to production systems in a timely manner.
- Provide database administration support, including
modifications to application production and pre-production databases.
Perform schema changes and conversion of the production database during
application upgrades and new version releases.
- Acts as a database technology subject matter expert,
providing technical leadership within the team. Working with
cross-functional teams in building, scalable enterprise solutions.
- Ensures proper design, implementation, performance,
availability, security, auditing and capacity management of related
- Provide lifecycle database management services
- Maintain databases, clusters and replications for
pre-production, productions, and backup; ensure current application
upgrades and releases are timely.
- Provide database metrics, such as growth and usage of
capabilities, and recommend new capabilities as needed.
- Perform database optimization.
- Provide scripting to support database content and
- Develop database dictionaries for all databases in
support of this task.
- Experience driving data quality and providing
- Experience defining and creating data structures for
schemas including tables, views, indexes etc.
- Knowledge of best practices for database storage
management, high availability, and data replication
- Perform installation, configuration, and maintenance of
Oracle database management systems software.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology,
Information Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or
Physical Science is required. Additional eight years of experience may be
substituted for a Degree
- Ten (10) years or more of industry accepted Information
Technology (IT) experience is required;or related IT discipline is
- Active DoD-issued Secret Security Clearance is required
- IAT II (CCNA Security or CSA+ or GICSP or GSEC or
Security+ce or SSCP) certification may be required
- Oracle Certified Professional
- SQL scripting, Java, Windows Server, UNIX, Linux,
Oracle 12c, TOAD, Java Developer, data backups, load balancing
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability