Job ID: 1928247
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 5, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: IT Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
• Responsible for ensuring smooth IT Infrastructure operations to SAIC workforce assigned to designated work locations and networks.
IT Support for monitoring, diagnosing, and troubleshooting of network
firewalls, switches, routers, VoIP Phones and other associated network hardware
• Provide infrastructure support for AV and VTC and Software systems as required.
• Interfaces with the employees/customers to ensure new IT systems (HW, SW and networks) are coordinated through all corporate interfaces (Security, ITO Directorates).
• Conducts on-site installation and testing and maintenance of IT equipment to ensure proper working order.
• Responsibilities include oversight and integration support of existing hardware, software, network configurations and new system initiatives for all sites within area of responsibility.
• Installation of software maintenance releases or hardware upgrades including the oversight of the installation process and test procedures to diagnose and resolve product performance problems at installation.
• Identifies areas requiring product improvement and works with program and ITO to implement upgrades and hardware or software engineering change orders.
• Provides feedback and customer support regarding product performance issues and suggested solutions which may require product exchanges or more complex problem solving. Plans, prepares and conducts on-the-job training as required in support of the foregoing activities.
• Performs design and implementation of IT systems that require the integration of diverse and complex components.
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements, facility requirements (including floor layout, power & cooling, network connectivity), data storage, backup, monitoring, operating systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
• Must have knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) and NIST 800-53 implementations in secure environments.
• US Citizen and able to obtain a SECRET Clearance.
• Security + CE certification required.
• Knowledge of Linux
Education and Experience: Bachelors and two (2)) years or more experience or Masters and 0 years related experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability