SAIC AF Space has an opening for a Program Analyst to support the HQ AFSPC Science and Technology (S&T) office in Colorado Springs, CO in evaluating and integrating multi-agency and mission partner capabilities into existing classified AFSPC programs.
This position supports Space and Cyberspace S&T research, planning, organizing, and identifying necessary policies, regulations, directives, programs, doctrine, and procedures involved in advancing S&T initiatives across AFSPC.
This position also supports the Technology Director's (TD’s) office in evaluating current and prospective technologies that can best service AFSPC mission needs in the future.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Support Space/Cyberspace S&T research and planning to include multi-agency coordination technology needs identification, program execution, and concept development;
• Evaluate technical approaches and concepts from partner organizations on the viability and affordability of new technologies for incorporation into planned systems;
• Provide technical integration and resource management for tasks, to include cross-task and reach back integration for additional technical services, system engineering, and analysis and evaluation of initiatives;
• Knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods for the assessment of technology maturation efforts and improvement of critical command plans and programs;
• Familiarization with multi-agency and mission partner organizations collaborating with AFSPC on S&T and operational initiatives;
• Knowledge of military command structure, missions, programs, organizational relationships and program goals and objectives, the sequence and timing of key operational events and milestones, and methods of evaluating the effectiveness of planning actions as related to actual events;
• Knowledge of the various command entities involved in overall planning and execution of operations and evaluations;
• Skill in designing and conducting comprehensive studies, and developing solutions to broad, important, and several command operational and contingency areas; and Ability to plan, organize, and develop studies or projects, and to negotiate effectively with management to accept and implement recommendations, where the proposals involve substantial resources, and require extensive changes in established concepts and procedures.
• Bachelor's Degree and 7 years’ experience supporting technology processes, requirements development, or concept evaluation.
• Experience with the reviewing of Documents and technical reports
• Experience with schedule, technical, and risk aspects of space systems and/or ground systems
• Working knowledge of MS Office applications
• Effective customer engagement, interpersonal communications, writing, and briefing skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and team environment
• Active TS/SCI required
• Experience working SAP Space Control programs
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability