SAIC is seeking experienced personnel for the DHS Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Operations Support Directorate (OSD) program to provide administrative, programmatic, training and exercise, medical operations, and information coordination services to in order to enhance the nation’s abilities to prevent terrorists and other threat actors from using weapons of mass destruction and support operational partners in closing capability gaps along adversary pathways.
The Senior Management Analyst for Secure the Cities program will oversee contractor support to this program, conduct organizational studies and evaluations, design systems and procedures, conduct work simplification and measurement studies, and prepare operations and procedures manuals to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively. Includes program analysts and management consultants.
The Secure the Cities (STC) program:
• Prevents the successful planning, movement and deployment of radiological and nuclear weapons and component materials within the United States and its territories by enhancing the capabilities of federal, state, local, tribal and territorial agencies to defend against nuclear or radiological attack
Securing the Cities & Regions requires:
• Experience in combining technical knowledge in the radiological and nuclear (R/N) detection mission space and operational subject matter expertise to support R/N detection program building and implementing related mission-based strategies. This program will be expanding to support Biological Defense and Chemical Defense initiatives in the future.
• Knowledge of DHS geospatial environments, DHS privacy requirements and bi-directional information flow models of the DHS Information Sharing Environment and as it applies at the state and local level..
• Support state and local agencies in the development, implementation and sustainment of rad/nuc detection programs and capabilities by providing information resources, processes, facilitation, and guidance on document development and strategic planning and supporting development of plans and procedures.
• Support implementing a training and exercise framework for rad/nuc training and exercises for state, and local law enforcement and public safety professionals.
• Support outreach with Urban Areas Security Initiative (UASI) cities and associated regions, law enforcement working groups and associations, and other regional partners.
• Inform development of operational support products, including concept of operations (CONOPs), special operating procedures (SOPs), job aids, brochures and handbooks, and identify training and exercise requirements that promote a “systems” view of all operational support activities and preventative rad/nuc detection program and capabilities development.
• Provide programmatic support for CWMD field operations, such as R/N surge operations and special event operations. Examples of support include program and operational planning, providing office-based logistical support, assessing and documenting program performance and requirements, and providing recommendations for program enhancement. Requires knowledge or R/N operations and R/N detection systems.
Education: MA/MS degree, or equivalent
Experience: More than 10 years of experience
Experience with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) CWMD Office
Previous experience working with state and/or local emergency management officials
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability