Cloud Comp Engr Principal_NASA_NICS
Job ID: 1927926
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Dec 17, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Cloud Comp Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
A successful candidate will serve as a Principle Network Cloud Engineer supporting Inter-Cloud and Intra-Cloud network architecture at an Enterprise level for the NASA NICS corporate network Engineering Group.
- Candidate will be designing, engineering, configuration, testing, and doing documentation of cloud and on-premise network architectures.
- As well as configurations including routers, firewalls, switches, network management tools and other information technology products in a multi-vendor, multi-protocol environment.
- In addition, the candidate may develop cost estimates and detailed designs for corporate custom, and corporate dedicated and routed data services.
- Candidate must provide technical leadership to project teams in design, testing and validation and implementation of cloud and enterprise Wide Area Network services and systems.
- Other duties will include technical design reviews.
- The candidate must have excellent oral and written skills and be able to present technical information in formal presentations to both internal and external customers.
- The candidate must have a concrete working knowledge of WAN technologies and protocols with emphasis on cloud services and associated technologies.
- The candidate must have experience working inside a infrastructure as a service (IaaS) environment.
- Certifications may be waived in lieu of experience as long as certifications can be obtained post employment.
- Working knowledge of routed data layer 2 & 3 protocols, multicast, cloud services, and multi vendor hardware platforms are preferred.
- Cisco certifications preferred but not required.
Education and Experience:
BS Degree in related field with 9 years of related experience or High School
Diploma and 13 years of related experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability