Audio Visual Engr - Digital Encoding (SR 1291)
Job ID: 1928135
Location: ALBUQUERQUE, NM, United States
Date Posted: Nov 25, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Audio Visual Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: DOE L
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a dynamic and creative individual to fill our Digital Media Operations/Streaming Services position. You will support an enterprise scale ICT (Information Communication Technology) and process legacy media assets for ingest into a digital media archive platform.
The responsibilities and work performed may encompass:
- Configuration and operation of a range of media equipment (including film scanners and various video playback equipment) and tools for creating and processing of digital media assets from analog sources.
- Media conversion or transcoding from various analog film and video or digital media sources to digital files with creation of metadata files for Archival purposes.
- Post processing of encoded files.
- Computer based and analog file and asset management with preparation of appropriate documentation and adherence to platform/system file management procedures and practices.
- Preparation and maintenance of appropriate documentation (asset logging/tracking, technical, configuration and operational documents, and instructions).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with team members and independently with minimal supervision
- Assist with updates, configuration, and maintenance of media equipment and systems.
- Participate in and contribute to project systems continuous improvement processes and development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management of Information Systems, or relevant discipline and 5 years or more of experience OR 9 years of experience in lieu of degree; Or Master's degree and 3 years or more of experience.
- Familiarity with both analog (including film) and digital media formats
- Minimum of 3 years' experience and technical expertise with digital encoding of analog media (including film) and conversion of digital media files.
- Minimum of 1-year experience with professional NLE software/platforms
- Minimum 3 years' experience with IT platforms and hardware, including servers, file storage subsystems, workstations, appliances, and peripherals related to IP delivery of video and audio.
- Minimum clearance required: DOE L
- Experience with Digital Asset Management systems (DAMs) for media a plus
- Technical media or communications degree or certification a plus.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability