SAIC is seeking am Applications Developer to support Washington, D.C customer!
This position allows for a combination of onsite and remote work. Candidate must be located in the DC metro area in order to be onsite 3 days per week.
- Embed into operational delivery teams to actively coach, mentor, guide, and produce client-facing Agile|DevOps solutions and delivery; communicate methodologies used and results achieve in key meetings with customers.
- Perform process and technical assessments of our program teams, customer organizations and functional departments to aggregate information, drive improvement planning, and coach stakeholders through all aspects of the Agile methodology as the technical SME.
- Support product innovation utilizing DevOps delivery practices.
- Research, design and advocate new technologies, architectures and products for Agile|DevOps transformations; create prototypes and proof-of-concepts and training materials.
- Provide leadership within the technology community through speaking engagements and social media.
- Translate customer requirements into industry-recognized design patterns and recommendations.
- Discuss and present technical subjects from a business point of view.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years’ equivalent experience. Specialization in Computer Science/Engineering or related field preferred.
- 5 years of hands-on experience in systems and software development, preferably in a large-scale enterprise environment
- Ability to decompose technical architectures into discrete engineering plans.
- Extensive understanding of enterprise-level cloud platform security and governance controls.
- Good knowledge of cloud network and Services (e.g.: VPC / EC2 / Availability Zones / Scaling / RDS).
- Solid understanding of common infrastructure roles, tools and data flows.
- Knowledge working with both Windows and Linux (RHEL) operating systems.
- Software Development background using tools and frameworks such as EJB, RMI, JMX, JSP, JBoss/WildFly, Solr, JEE/J2EE, Spring, Struts.
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL (Sybase, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle) and JPA/ORM technologies (e.g. Hibernate).
- Agile development methodology experience (SAFe, LESS, Extreme, etc.).
- Strong analytic, organization, presentation, customer service and facilitation skills.
This position allows
for a combination of onsite and remote work. Candidate must be located in the
DC metro area in order to be onsite 3 days per week.
- Must pass a GSA background check/Public Trust
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability