SAIC is seeking a Senior UI/UX Developer to come support our customer in Washington, D.C.
- The UI/UX Developer is responsible for designing user-centric user interfaces for enterprise web-based applications to provide best end-user experiences.
- Responsible for designing of web pages, graphics, multimedia, and UI Style guidelines.
- Responsible for creating personas, journey maps, user interfaces, graphics, multimedia, and UI Style guidelines.
- Provides recommendations during the design phase by reviewing designs, copy, and visual design for usability and web design best practices.
- Develops wireframes and prototypes in a clean, well structured, and easily navigable format using Adobe, Sketch, and/or other relevant tools.
- Utilizes storyboarding and graphic pre-designs where appropriate.
- Utilizes user-centered design practices and has an eye for detail.
- Must be creative, innovative and artistic and passionate about following the latest and emerging UI/UX trends and standards.
- Must be a team player with strong analytical skills to understand and translate business requirements to system UI/UX requirements.
- Communicates effectively in both technical and business environments.
- Serves as a member of Agile development teams and understand Agile practices in support of development efforts.
- Works with information architects, content strategists, technologists, design team and other UX/web design experts to delivery usably solutions.
- Creates documentation that establishes the vision for the project and can be used to guide decisions throughout the project lifecycle.
- Works independently and efficiently in high-paced environment.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years’
equivalent experience. Specialization in
Computer Science/Engineering or related field preferred.
- 6 years of experience in
Human Computer Interaction, Digital Media Design, Fine Arts, Computer
Information or Science, or related field is desired.
- Demonstrated experience
in designing and prototyping user interfaces and usability of websites and/or
- Experience with HTML,
- Fluent in responsive
design, mobile/tablet UI/UX.
understanding of web standards and accessible design (508 compliance).
- Must pass a GSA background
position allows for a combination of onsite and remote work. Candidate must be
located in the DC metro area in order to be onsite 3 days per week.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability