SAIC is seeking a Senior UI/UX Developer to come support our customer in Washington, D.C.
- The UI/UX Developer is responsible for designing user-centric user interfaces for enterprise web-based applications to provide best end-user experiences.
- Responsible for designing of web pages, graphics, multimedia, and UI Style guidelines.
- Responsible for creating personas, journey maps, user interfaces, graphics, multimedia, and UI Style guidelines.
- Provides recommendations during the design phase by reviewing designs, copy, and visual design for usability and web design best practices.
- Develops wireframes and prototypes in a clean, well structured, and easily navigable format using Adobe, Sketch, and/or other relevant tools.
- Utilizes storyboarding and graphic pre-designs where appropriate.
- Utilizes user-centered design practices and has an eye for detail.
- Must be creative, innovative and artistic and passionate about following the latest and emerging UI/UX trends and standards.
- Must be a team player with strong analytical skills to understand and translate business requirements to system UI/UX requirements.
- Communicates effectively in both technical and business environments.
- Serves as a member of Agile development teams and understand Agile practices in support of development efforts.
- Works with information architects, content strategists, technologists, design team and other UX/web design experts to delivery usably solutions.
- Creates documentation that establishes the vision for the project and can be used to guide decisions throughout the project lifecycle.
- Works independently and efficiently in high-paced environment.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years’
equivalent experience. Specialization in
Computer Science/Engineering or related field preferred.
- 6 years of experience in
Human Computer Interaction, Digital Media Design, Fine Arts, Computer
Information or Science, or related field is desired.
- Demonstrated experience
in designing and prototyping user interfaces and usability of websites and/or
- Experience with HTML,
- Fluent in responsive
design, mobile/tablet UI/UX.
understanding of web standards and accessible design (508 compliance).
- Must pass a GSA background
position allows for a combination of onsite and remote work. Candidate must be
located in the DC metro area in order to be onsite 3 days per week.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability