Job ID: 1928066
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Nov 26, 2019
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
DescriptionSAIC is seeking a Senior UI/UX Developer to come support our customer in Washington, D.C.
· The UI/UX Developer is responsible for designing user-centric user interfaces for enterprise web-based applications to provide best end-user experiences.
· Responsible for designing of web pages, graphics, multimedia, and UI Style guidelines.
· Responsible for creating personas, journey maps, user interfaces, graphics, multimedia, and UI Style guidelines.
· Provides recommendations during the design phase by reviewing designs, copy, and visual design for usability and web design best practices.
· Develops wireframes and prototypes in a clean, well structured, and easily navigable format using Adobe, Sketch, and/or other relevant tools.
· Utilizes storyboarding and graphic pre-designs where appropriate.
· Utilizes user-centered design practices and has an eye for detail.
· Must be creative, innovative and artistic and passionate about following the latest and emerging UI/UX trends and standards.
· Must be a team player with strong analytical skills to understand and translate business requirements to system UI/UX requirements.
· Communicates effectively in both technical and business environments.
· Serves as a member of Agile development teams and understand Agile practices in support of development efforts.
· Works with information architects, content strategists, technologists, design team and other UX/web design experts to delivery usably solutions.
· Creates documentation that establishes the vision for the project and can be used to guide decisions throughout the project lifecycle.
· Works independently and efficiently in high-paced environment.
· Bachelor’s degree or 4 years’ equivalent experience. Specialization in Computer Science/Engineering or related field preferred.
· 6 years of experience in Human Computer Interaction, Digital Media Design, Fine Arts, Computer Information or Science, or related field is desired.
· Demonstrated experience in designing and prototyping user interfaces and usability of websites and/or web applications.
· Fluent in responsive design, mobile/tablet UI/UX.
· Demonstrated understanding of web standards and accessible design (508 compliance).
· Must pass a GSA background check/Public Trust.
This position allows for a combination of onsite and remote work. Candidate must be located in the DC metro area in order to be onsite 2 days per week.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability