Job ID: 1928064
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Dec 2, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Technical Support
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
DescriptionSAIC is looking for talented Tier 2 Support Specialist to provide support on our GSA COMET contract. The candidate is responsible for conducting technical investigation on issues related to system, and Java Enterprise applications running on JBOSS escalated from Tier 1 support. Additionally, the candidate maintains a current inventory of all hardware and software. This role is also responsible for trouble-shooting and resolving or escalating issues reported through the help-desk and ticket systems.
· Responsible for IT service desk operations associated with the identification, prioritization and resolution of reported problems.
· Respond, open, and close tickets in an incident tracking system (e.g. ServiceNOW).
· Address Tier 2 incidences related to the systems and applications.
· Investigate issues related to JBOSS by looking at log files through Splunk.
· Investigate issues related to system performance by examining CPU, memory and Disk I/O utilization through Splunk.
· Update Knowledge Base Articles to ensure Tier I ticket resolution.
· Demonstrate problem-solving skills related to RedHat Linux systems, applications running on JBOSS.
· Bachelor’s degree or 4 years equivalent experience. Specialization in Computer Science/Engineering or related field preferred.
· 2 years of relevant Information Technology experience required.
· Familiarity with the Linux Operating System.
· Familiarity with JBOSS Enterprise Application Platform, and the Java Virtual Machine.
· Familiarity with Splunk is a plus.
· Support the GSA missions, organization, objectives, lines of authority to effectively communicate system needs and priorities.
· Ability to troubleshoot and address problems related to systems.
· Ability and skill to effectively support and communicate with users. Should be able to demonstrate accomplishments in this area.
· Ability to analyze and plan workload schedules, and set priorities. Ability to multi-task workload.
· This position allows for a combination of onsite and remote work. Candidate must be located in the DC metro area in order to be onsite 2 days per week.
· Must pass a GSA background check/Public Trust
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability