Job ID: 1927853
Location: ALBUQUERQUE, NM, United States
Date Posted: Aug 13, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a highly motivated and self-driven individual with a background in Linux System Administrator to support a team that designs, implements, maintains and supports enterprise class, highly available, scalable and secure information systems and applications.
Under minimal direction the individual will be:
• Responsible for troubleshooting centralized and distributed physical and virtual Linux servers by applying technical and operational knowledge to configure, operate, and maintain information processing
• Maintain telecommunications systems and analyzing performance statistics to support tuning, automation, and optimization activities
• Provides administration of Linux servers to include patching and security compliance requirements as well as troubleshooting customer issues
• Participates in customer projects to provide technical expertise in the area of system upgrades, process improvements, adherence to security requirements, and infrastructure improvements
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or relevant discipline and 2 years or more of related work experience OR 6 years or more of related experience in lieu of degree.
• A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Linux Server management and troubleshooting (system setup, account management, file services, network configuration, license management, and application hosting, end-user application support).
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills are also required
• A security clearance is not required to start
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q level security clearance
• Previous Classified support experience
• STIG (Security Technical Implementation Guidance) compliance
• Experience with interfacing with vendors
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability