SAIC has a need for a Budget Analyst
to support the National Archives and Records Administration.
The main responsibilities of this position is to assist in the overall monitoring and preparation of budget activities encompassing several fund types such as administrative overhead activities to system and infrastructure activities.
This position will work with the senior budget analyst providing support to both formulation and execution activities, day-to-day budget oversight, as well as assisting in evaluation and potential impacts of OMB directives and guidance.
Additional requirements and guidance are updated annually in OMB Circular A-11, preparation, submission and execution of the budget. Specifically, Section 55 Information Technology Investments and associated supplement, Capital Planning Guide.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (Accounting, Business, Finance, etc.)
- Six (6) years or more of hands-on relevant
experience in providing budget support to state, local or federal government.
- Candidate must be able to
obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Excellent mathematical skills as well as knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods with attention to detail.
- Experience in performing budget execution functions, including oversight of obligations against planned budgeted amounts for a fiscal year.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting OMB Circular A-11 and performing associate budget formulation duties.
- Experience reviewing submitted budgets for adherence to required format, policies and instructions.
- Experience performing a variety of budget functions in the formulation, execution, and review within the operating budget for areas including information technology, project management, program management, security, enterprise architecture, operations and maintenance, and overall administration.
- Experience ensuring obligations and expenditures occur in a timely basis in accordance with the annual budget plans and regulatory controls and are within the amount budgeted.
- Proficient in MS Office with excellent electronic spreadsheet skills
- Experience using and administering eCPIC.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability